RK&K has in-house capabilities for providing a variety of land and hydrographic surveys. RK&K's survey personnel, under the direction of Professional Land Surveyors, perform a wide array of surveying, mapping, and document preparation services for diverse clientele, including DOTs, local municipalities, educational, institutional, and local and national private sector clients. Our Survey Group includes LSITs, geodesists, survey crews, and CADD technicians. Our Survey Team possesses extensive survey experience and knowledge of property and record research, reconnaissance, horizontal control, setting control monumentation, GPS and conventional geodetic surveys, boundary monumentation, property mosaics and metes and bound surveys, topographic and hydrographic surveys, utility investigations, survey plats and legal descriptions, and all associated computations.
Areas of Expertise
- ALTA/ACSM Land Title Surveys
- Boundary Surveys
- Right-of-Way Surveys & Document Preparation to State DOT Standards
- Easement Plats for Property Acquisitions
- Legal Descriptions
- Topographic Surveys
- Utility Surveys
- As-Built Surveys
- Environmental Surveys
- Monitoring Surveys
- GIS Data Acquisition & Validation
- Geodetic Control Networks
- Vertical Control
- NGS Bluebooking
- Photogrammetric Ground Control
3D Laser Scanning
- Highway Surveys (w/o MOT)
- Rail & Catenary Surveys (w/o Fouling of Track)
- Tunnel Surveys
- Non-Contract Surveys of Electrical Transmission Lines & Substations
- Existing Condition Surveys for Bridges & Structures
- High Accuracy Surveys of Interior & Exterior Architectural Elements
- Historic Preservation Surveys
- Deformation/Motion Monitoring Studies
- High Accuracy Stockpile Volumes
- Building Information Modeling (BIM)
Red Line Corridor Study/General Engineering Consultant (GEC) & Purple Line Transitway Study/Program Management Consultant (PMC), MD Transit Administration (MTA)
Surveying services for the planned Baltimore Light Rail (Red Line) and the metro extension between Bethesda and New Carrollton (Purple Line).
Anacostia Riverwalk, DC Department of Transportation (DDOT)
Surveying and design for the Anacostia Riverwalk Trail – Kenilworth Trail Section, through Anacostia Park in NE D.C.
US 70 Goldsboro Bypass, NC Department of Transportation (NCDOT)
Planning and design services, including map development, hydraulic impact analysis, capacity analysis, noise analysis and air quality analysis.
Independence National Historical Park in Washington Square, National Park Service
Research and a detailed topographic survey of this historical site in downtown Philadelphia.