RK&K’s Traffic Group is comprised of engineers and designers with extensive experience in both the public and private sectors. Our traffic engineering team is dedicated to solving our clients traffic engineering needs and covers a broad spectrum from the planning and design of small streetscape and intersection projects to major corridor and interchange projects. Our experience includes a wide range of studies, major data collection efforts, traffic calming, planning and feasibility studies, travel forecasting, demand modeling, operational and capacity analyses, multi-modal and traffic impact studies, signal design, signing and pavement marking design, Intelligent Transportation Systems(ITS) device design and lighting design.
Our team of traffic experts are fully trained in the latest software applications including Synchro/SimTraffic, HCS, VISSIM, CORSIM, SIDRA Intersection and TRANSYT-7F Applications are used to perform capacity analyses of intersections, roundabouts, freeway networks, and signalized arterials; to establish detailed signal timing plans for signals and signal networks; to aid in development of geometric design elements; and to simulate traffic through existing and proposed systems.
Areas of Expertise
- Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) Planning/Design
- Traffic and Toll System Forecasting
- Operational Analysis, Modeling & Simulations
- Safety Studies
- Highway Signing, Pavement Marking & Lighting
- Traffic Control Device Design
- Signal Systems Planning & Design
- Work Zone Traffic Control Plans Design/Review
- Maintenance of Traffic
- Traffic Impact Studies (TIS)
- Traffic Network Analysis
- Traffic Calming Planning and Design
- Evaluation of Highway Safety Improvement Programs
- Stadium and Special Event Planning
- Project Coordination
- Development of Technical Reports and Policy Documents
- Cost Estimates & Contract Documents
- On-Site Engineering Support & Review Services
- Traffic Data Collection
- Electronic Test Equipment & Test Procedures
- Construction Phase Services
- Field Condition Surveys & Inspections
I-95 / I-276 Interchange, Toll Plazas & ITS, PA Turnpike Commission (PTC)
Conceptual, preliminary and final design for all ITS (ITS design, signing, lighting) services for this interstate project.
Red Line Corridor Study & General Engineering Consultant (GEC), MD Transit Administration (MTA)
Study, planning, environmental and GEC services on new 14-mile light rail project connecting east and west Baltimore.
North Main Street, City of Blacksburg, VA
Transportation planning and design for the reconfiguration of Main Street in Blacksburg.
US 301 Project Development and General Engineering Consultant (GEC), DE Department of Transportation (DelDOT)
Study, planning, environmental, design and GEC services for this new 14-mile roadway in Northern Delaware.